Advertisement

Waitt foundation donates TVs

The Waitt Family Foundation (WFF), made a donation of 27 high-definition flat-screen televisions to the Ronald McDonald House. The televisions have been placed in individual bedrooms to allow families staying at the House as they care for their seriously ill children, the opportunity to watch TV in private.

Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego is in the midst of a $17 million capital campaign to pay for the building of its new 47-bedroom house that opened last June. About 10 percent of funding comes from local McDonald’s restaurants owners and operators, while the remaining 90 percent must be raised through the community.

Since opening its doors in 1980, San Diego’s RMHC has provided more than 140,000 nights of lodging for more than 14,000 families whose children face life-threatening illnesses and are receiving treatment at area hospitals.

For more news, visit

www.rmhcsd.org

or call (858) 467-4750.