U.S. Open - Schedule of Events
All times (PDT) and schedules listed are subject to change due to suspension(s) of play.
Pre-Championship Merchandise Opening at the Main Merchandise PavilionJune 5 through June 8 (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.). No ticket is necessary to enter the Main Merchandise Pavilion during this pre-Championship opening. The golf course and other facilities will be closed to the public.
Practice RoundsPlayers will have the option of starting Practice Rounds at the first or 10th tee. Players electing to play a full round generally begin somewhere between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. It is typical for some players to be on the golf course or Practice Areas until dusk.
- Monday (June 9) (Gates open – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Tuesday (June 10) (Gates open – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Wednesday (June 11) (Gates open – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Championship Rounds 1 and 2Play is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m. from both the first and 10th tees. The last pairings each day will begin play at 2:42 p.m. and finish at approximately 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 12th (first round) - (Gates open – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Friday (June 13) (second round) - (Gates open – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Championship Rounds 3 and 4The first starting time will be determined by the number of players who make the “cut” at the conclusion of the second round (60 players with the lowest scores including ties plus any player within 10 strokes of the lead). Generally, the first pairing begins play from the first tee between 8-8:30 a.m.; the last pairing for both days will start play from the first tee at approximately 2:50 p.m.
- Saturday (June 14) (third round) - (Gates open – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Sunday (June 15) (fourth round) - (Gates open – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
U.S. Open Web site
More U.S. Open Resources
Official Scoring from Torrey Pines
Learn more about the history of the U.S. Open
U.S. Open Spectator Guide