St. Germaine Children’s Charity hosted its annual Membership & Grants Luncheon, June 9, 2015 at La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, where president Wendi Neri welcomed guests and grantees. St. Germaine’s donated $175,000 among 11 organizations whose daily work is preventing child neglect and abuse:
1) Angels Foster Family Network, for foster parent recruitment, training, certification costs, support and retention.
2) Casa de Amparo, to support the Residential Services Program that provides care, counseling and support for 42 foster youth (ages 6-18), including children with special needs and pregnant and parenting teen moms who have been removed from their homes due to abuse.
3) Home Start, Inc., to support operating/programming costs for the Maternity Shelter Program and the new social enterprise thrift boutique.
4) McAlister Institute, to add a bilingual family counselor to the staff at South Bay Women’s Recovery Center.
5) New Haven Youth & Family Services, to train staff and students in the Zones of Regulation program, serving at-risk youth, ages 12-19.
6) Promises2Kids, to support services at the Polinsky Children’s Center for foster youth, ages infant-18.
7) San Diego Center for Children, to help clients, ages 16-18, and their families prepare for the transition to adulthood.
8) San Diego Rescue Mission, to provide childcare for infants and pre-schoolers who accompany their mothers at the emergency overnight shelter.
9) SAY SAN DIEGO, to support the 24/7 Parenting: SOS program to reduce the risk of abuse and neglect among military families.
10) STAR/PAL, to support the Youth Safety & Empowerment Project for 350 inner-city students.
11) The Children’s Initiative, to add 10 more afterschool sites to reach low-income parents and caregivers.
For information about St. Germaine Children’s Charity, visit stgermainechildrenscharity.org
• Click on VIEW GALLERY to see photos from the event.