Small fire hits Bishop's School laundry room

City News Service

A fire blamed on a laundry dryer broke out at a private school in La Jolla early today, a dispatcher said.

The fire at The Bishop's School in the 7600 block of La Jolla Boulevard was reported just before 5:30 a.m., a San Diego fire-rescue dispatcher said. Flames were knocked down within about a half-hour.

One person believed to be a school security guard was being evaluated at the scene for smoke inhalation, she said.

The fire was contained to a 400-square-foot room, according to the dispatcher.

The Bishop's School serves students in grades six through 12.

Copyright © 2019, © 2019, The San Diego Union-Tribune, LLC. All rights reserved.
59°