Saturday, July 19 - Saturday, July 26, 2008There is an entire week dedicated to sharks at Birch Aquarium at Scripps. Shark Week features hands-on explorations for all ages into the world of these ocean creatures. Look at local sharks and learn from Scripps Oceanography scientists about research discoveries and conservation efforts that may help sustain declining shark populations.
Shark Week activities at Birch Aquarium at Scripps include:
- Live shark touching and learning opportunities every half hour from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Scavenger hunt and special giveaways
- More than 10 species of sharks and their relatives on display
- Show and tell with Scripps Oceanography scientists who study sharks
- Feeding shows in the two-story kelp forest tank with a special shark focus:
- Saturday, July 19, 2 p.m.
- Sunday, July 20, 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 22, 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 24, 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 26, 2 p.m.
Birch Aquarium Web site
Interactive ‘State of the Shark’ MapMake your own
Shark Yourself: Make yourself look like a shark