Advertisement
Share

Neighbor helps put out house fire

A man returning to his home on Sagebrush Road Wednesday afternoon found his neighbor’s house on fire.

Mike Stevens said he grabbed a hose and had put out most of the fire before fire crews arrived at the house at 5969 Sagebrush Road.

Lee Swanson, spokesman for the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, said the fire broke out in some sort of waste piled behind the garage and was confined to the back of the garage and eaves. Damage and lost property totaled an estimated $16,000, he said.

The fire was reported at 1:50 p.m. The cause was “unintentional,” Swanson said.

Advertisement