Mass H1N1 vaccination clinics announced
Five mass H1N1 influenza vaccination clinics are planned around San Diego over the next 10 days, the county’s Health and Human Services Agency announced Wednesday.
The first vaccination event will be this Friday at Qualcomm Stadium.
“We would like to remind county residents that H1N1 is still very
active in our communities,” said Dianne Jacob, chair of the San Diego County Board of Supervisors.
“These H1N1 vaccination clinics are a great way for those who have yet to be vaccinated to come in and get their H1N1 vaccine,” she said. “This is a true public health effort by the county to get people vaccinated, and by getting your H1N1 vaccine, you’re not only protecting yourself but protecting your loved ones and neighbors.”
All San Diego County residents are eligible to receive the H1N1 vaccine.
The HHSA said it has about 41,000 doses of H1N1 vaccine available for residents at the five clinics, to be held:
- Friday, from 2-8 p.m. at Qualcomm Stadium, 9449 Friars Road;
- Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the East Valley Community Center in Escondido, 2245 E. Valley Parkway;
- Friday, Jan. 15, from 3-7 p.m., at the Ronald Reagan Community Center in El Cajon, 195 E. Douglas Ave.;
- Saturday, Jan. 16, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Kimball Senior Center in National City, 121 D Ave.; and
- Saturday, Jan. 16, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Westfield Plaza Camino Real in Carlsbad, 2525 El Camino Real.