• BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT:
At The Marine Room in La Jolla, home to sweeping views and exquisite cuisine for more than 70 years, award-winning Executive Chef Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Ron Oliver have created holiday menus with incredible flavors featuring local and sustainable ingredients with global flare. San Diego foodies can stay local for this culinary destination this holiday season:
• December Lunches for 2014: Special holiday hours feature an à la carte lunch menu filled with Marine Room favorites and oceanfront views. This is a limited-time treat for family, friends or colleagues. Thursdays and Friday only, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 11-12 and 18-19.
• Christmas Celebrations: Celebrate the season and enjoy Christmas Eve specials like our Togarashi Sesame Crusted Ahi Tune. On Christmas savor an á la carte menu featuring Bergamot Ginger Glazed Pompano, Pear Cider Brined Free Range Turkey Breast along with other favorites. End with decadent desserts like Julian Apple Pie and Godiva Raspberry Chocolate Buche de Noel.
• New Year’s Eve: Ring in the New Year with a culinary celebration. The Marine Room has two options to choose from:
1) First seating beginning at 5:30 p.m. A three-course menu including appetizers, main course options like Lemongrass Ginger Crusted Open Ocean Cobia and dessert for $90 per person.
2) Second seating beginning at 8:30 p.m. A five-course menu with the seasons’ most festive ingredients bring courses like Ruby Grapefruit Butter Basted Maine Lobster Tail and 20-Year Madeira Braised Prime Beef Cheeks. Count down to the New Year and dance to live music by the Whitney Shay Band for $165 per person.
With its AAA/CAA Four Diamond Rating, “Most Romantic Restaurant,” “Best Chef” and recipient of OpenTable’s Diners’ Choice Award, The Marine Room and its famed Executive Chef Bernard Guillas offer diners global cuisine rooted in French classics.
• The Marine Room is owned and operated by La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. and is at 2000 Spindrift Drive, La Jolla. For more information, call (866) 644-2351 or visit marineroom.com
— The Business Spotlight features commercial enterprises that support the La Jolla Light.