Many businesses to offer specials for ‘La Jolla Nights’ event Friday, March 4
La Jolla Nights throughout the Village of La Jolla is back and better than ever! The first event of 2016 is just around the corner, 5-7 p.m. Friday, March 4, 2016 where you can expect some new businesses participating along with previous favorites. Here’s a look at just a few offering special La Jolla Nights promotions you won’t want to miss:
• Jonty Jacobs Custom Biltong Shop, 1237 Prospect St., sells “The Thinking Man’s Jerky,” offering everything San Diego has been missing when it comes to South African goodies. Customers can purchase the best, imported snacks and drinks while also having their Biltong custom-cut.
• Vanity Belle Beauty Boutique,1237 Prospect St., offers a variety of beauty services including makeup, eyelash extensions, hairstyle blowouts, coloring, cuts, facial waxing and professional makeup lessons. You can come and get dolled-up in the intimate boutique or staff can bring the glam to you in the comfort of your home or venue. “Our artists are the best in the industry and provide superb customer service to every client.”
• Puesto, 1026 Wall St., is known for its Mexico City-style tacos made with crispy melted cheese, house-made tortillas and from-scratch salsas, courtesy of Partner/Executive Chef Luisteen Gonzalez. Using locally sourced ingredients, unique dishes and vibrant interior design, Puesto provides a fresh, contemporary and approachable take on Mexican cuisine. For more information, visit eatpuesto.com or follow on social @eatpuesto
• Shepherd YMCA Firehouse, 7877 Herschel Ave., combines a historic location with state-of-the-art fitness equipment. It is the perfect health and wellness destination for those living and working in the Village. ymca.org/lajolla
• Enchanted Illuminations, 1264 Prospect St., is a family owned company dedicated to bringing creative ideas to customers by decorating with candles to produce elegant centerpieces of vibrant colors, and with themes for events.
• Café la Rue, casual bistro and bar at 1132 Prospect St. consists of the most delicious ménage à trois: Friends, Food and Wine. Experience handcrafted cocktails, premium libations and modern European cuisine by Executive Chef James Montejano. Don’t miss Café la Rue’s signature “Locals’ Hour,” dog-friendly patio, and new breakfast menu!
• National Geographic Fine Art, 7979 Ivanhoe Ave., represents world-class photographers and the mission of the National Geographic Society: “We believe in the power of science, exploration and storytelling to change the world.” Behind every one of the iconic images is an amazing story.
• Covo Home, 1298 Prospect St., is La Jolla’s new hot-spot for design-savvy tastemakers, providing an extraordinary collection of chic decor, vintage textiles and one-of-a-kind gifts from Tuscany, Barcelona, Bali and beyond.
• Step into Häagen-Dazs, 1172 Prospect St., and indulge in irresistible creations made with premium ice cream and sorbet.
• The Norma Kay store is known for fashionable, edgy and unique handcrafted jewelry. It now boasts Norma Kay’s very own luxury handbag line! Located adjacent to La Valencia, this boutique caters to the well-traveled, as well as the hometown La Jolla community.
• We Olive and Wine Bar at 1158 Prospect St. is perched above La Jolla Cove, and features a balcony with stunning ocean and coastal views. It is the first We Olive and Wine Bar featuring California premium artisan wines, olive oil inspired tapas, craft beer and events with its Artisan Producers. Gourmet foods are offered every day. There will be complimentary tastings of the California Extra Virgin Olive Oils and vinegars.
— More information and updates at the La Jolla Nights Facebook page: facebook.com/lajollanights