Advertisement

La Jolla Liquor damaged in early morning fire

An early morning fire on April 12 at La Jolla Liquor was started by an electrical problem, fire officials said.

The business was still closed at press time on Tuesday.

Maurice Luque, San Diego Fire-Rescue spokesman, said the fire broke about 2 a.m. at the business at 7402 La Jolla Blvd.

“Fire crews arriving found smoke showing from the one-story commercial structure,” he said. “The fire was extinguished in a few short minutes and was confined to a small area of the store with extensive smoke damage to the rest of the story and inventory. The fire was caused by an electrical problem — overloaded extension cords.”

Luque said the first four fire engines at the scene all arrived within about four to eight minutes after receiving the call.

There were no injuries.