Advertisement
Share

La Jolla home invasion suspects in court today

By City News Service

Four men accused of a home invasion robbery at the La Jolla residence of food writer Jeanne Jones last week will make their first court appearance today.

Thomas Walter Clark, 41, Aaron Jacob Espinoza, 23, Hector Guerra, 30, and Miguel Ocegueda, 23, allegedly burst into the La Jolla Scenic Drive house of the cookbook author and husband Don Breitenberg last Friday.

The San Diego Police Department reported that the men claimed to have a flower delivery when they came to the door. Once inside, they used zip ties to bind Jones, Breitenberg, her mother and a caregiver, police said.

The men threatened the victims with pistols, ransacked the residence, struck the caregiver in the head and stole jewelry and cash, police said.

A UPS driver who saw the suspects flee the house called 911, and crewmen in an SDPD helicopter spotted their getaway vehicle leaving the area, paving the way for officers to pull them over on state Route 52, Detective Gary Hassen said.

There reportedly have been three thefts of jewelry from Jones’ home in the past 16 months.