Welcome to the new weekly crime report from the La Jolla Light. Each week the space below will list by block the criminal incidents that are logged by the San Diego Police Department in the 92037 area code. We will also report on criminal acts of particular importance or share police news or monthly statistics as they become available. Violent crime is not a major part of life in La Jolla, but it is important for residents to be aware of what goes on. And please visit us at lajollalight.com for breaking news.
The weekly crime report is taken from the Automated Regional Justice Information System (ARJIS). This system was created as a joint powers agency to share information among justice agencies throughout San Diego and Imperial counties. ARJIS has become a complex criminal justice enterprise network and is used by 71 local, state and federal agencies. It is currently a division of SANDAG. All times given in the report are the earliest available time that authorities became aware of the incident. Theft is the taking of items and is distinguished from burglary, which involves unlawful entry to commit theft.
The following are crimes reported on the Automated Regional Justice Information System for the 92037 ZIP code during the week spanning May 3 through May 9:
Saturday, May 3
- Torrey Pines Scenic Dr. (2800 block) Vehicle Break-In, 12:10 p.m.
- Via Callado (5500 block) Residential Burglary, 4:30 p.m.
- Prospect St. (1200 block) Commercial Burglary, 7 p.m.
- Fay Ave. (7500 block) Commercial Burglary, 7 p.m.
- Prospect St. (1200 block) Commercial Burglary, 10:30 p.m.
- Eads Ave. (7600 block) Vehicle Break-In, 11 p.m.
Sunday, May 4
Monday, May 5