Nov. 23• La Jolla Hermosa Avenue (5700 block) Residential burglary, 3:30 p.m.
Nov. 26• La Jolla Boulevard (5800 block) Malicious mischief/vandalism, 12:47 a.m.
Nov. 27• Vallecitos (2100 block) Vehicle theft, 8 a.m.
• Girard Avenue (7600 block) Alcohol-related disorderly conduct, 9:05 a.m.
Nov. 28• Remley Place (7300 block) Grand theft, 8 a.m.
• La Jolla Shores Drive (8000 block) Vehicle break-in, 11:30 p.m.
Nov. 29• Chelsea Street (5500 block) Vandalism, 6:45 p.m.
Nov. 30• Villa La Jolla Drive (8500 block) Vehicle break-in, 1 a.m.
Dec. 1• Rue Michael (7300 block) Vehicle break-in, 7 a.m.
Dec. 2• Eads Avenue (7500 block) Vehicle break-in, 12:10 a.m.
• Nautilus Street (600 block) Vehicle break-in, 6 p.m.
— Alan Alvarez, the police department’s community relations officer in La Jolla, reports details on some recent incidents:
• Sometime after the restaurants closed on Nov. 19, burglars smashed through glass doors at El Pescador, 627 Pearl St., and Ortega’s Place, 621 Pearl St., and stole the cash registers.
The thieves didn’t get any cash at El Pescador at 627 Pearl St., but did succeed in their efforts at Ortega’s Place. A similar incident was reported the same night in Bird Rock. None of the businesses had alarm systems.
• Burglars entered a home in the 5700 block of Bellevue Avenue on Nov. 17 and stole goods, including flatware, valued at more than $11,000. The residents said they were in the process of moving in and didn’t have a key so they left a windo propped open.