La Jolla Concours d’Elegance events for auto enthusiasts run April 10-12
• BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT:
Named one of the top three most-anticipated car shows of the year by the British automotive magazine, Octane, La Jolla Concours d’Elegance has become a must-do “Save The Date” for automobile aficionados internationally.
With the La Jolla Cove as a breathtaking backdrop, this elite automotive-inspired event transforms the coastal community into a weekend playground with a remarkable automobile showcase, fabulous shopping, five-star accommodations and unforgettable culinary experiences. The weekend of April 10-12, 2015 will mark the 11th annual La Jolla Concours d’Elegance. Some of the world’s most exquisite automobile displays celebrating Coachbuilt Classics of the 1930s and ‘40s will be showcased.
— SCHEDULE OF EVENTS —
• Friday, April 10, 2015: Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Contemporary Classic Cocktail Party — This will be an intimate soiree with a spectacular display of extraordinary Rolls-Royce automobiles, incredible entertainment, scrumptious culinary bites and a wide selection of sophisticated cocktails, wines and Champagnes. Guests will be escorted into the private event through the showcase of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars on display flanking the “Pink Lady” entrance.
Once inside, the culinary genius of chef James Montejano will excite the palates of all attendees, especially the foodies. Lively entertainment will keep the rhythm of the enticing evening focused on the bevy of beautiful cars, artwork, and luxe — all of which have become the signature of the La Jolla Concours weekend. 7-10 p.m. La Valencia Hotel, $150 per person.
• Saturday, April 11, 2015: La Jolla Concours d’Elegance Motor Tour — San Diego excursion that includes a scenic tour with exclusive views of private collections, catered lunch and one-of-a-kind experiences. Limited to first 75 entries. Want to join the fun but not drive? Register to ride on the Double Decker Tour Bus! 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. $195 per car (includes two people per vehicle); $100 per person for a Double Decker Tour Bus ticket.
• Saturday, April 11, 2015: Evening VIP Reception — Exclusive reception for automobile registrants, sponsors, judges and the public to indulge in culinary delights from local restaurants and world-class chefs, fabulous entertainment and a spectacular evening of wines and cocktails along the Pacific Ocean. 6-9 p.m. Ellen Browning Scripps Park (La Jolla Cove), $150 per person.
• Sunday, April 12, 2015: La Jolla Concours d’Elegance and La Jolla Motor Car Classic at the Concours — View 300-plus spectacular vehicles situated along the Pacific Ocean, peruse the offerings of fabulous vendors, and check out the exciting offers from our top-notch sponsors. General admission includes two tastings from the wine and craft beer garden and a commemorative program. Children under age 14 years attend for free.
VIP tickets include the above benefits, plus complimentary lunch from incredible restaurants as well as hosted wines, craft beers, and cocktails from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. courtesy of Blanchard, Krasner & French and a signed poster from the La Jolla Concours d’Elegance official artist Scott Jacobs.
The weekend’s main event takes place 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Ellen Browning Scripps Park (La Jolla Cove).
Cost is $40 general admission in advance, $50 general admission day of, $125 VIP Tickets, Ultimate VIP Package $325 per person, includes VIP access to the Concours and Friday and Saturday VIP Parties.
“It will be exciting to see the exquisite preservation and restoration of these incredible automobiles,” said La Jolla Concours d’Elegance Chairman, G. Michael Dorvillier. “We are grateful for the success and growth of the event over the last decade and treasure the uncompromising quality of automobiles and motorcycles that the participants bring to our show field.”
Amid the celebration, funds raised at La Jolla Concours d’Elegance will benefit local 501(c)3 non-profits, the Monarch School Project, which educates students who have been impacted by homelessness, and the La Jolla Historical Society, which preserves the history of La Jolla.
• Tickets and Information: Visit lajollaconcours.com or call (619) 233-5008.
The Business Spotlight features commercial enterprises that support the La Jolla Light.