It’s time for some art, some wine and some beer at the La Jolla Art and Wine Festival in the Village this weekend, all of which means Girard Avenue will be closed from 4 p.m. Friday until 10 p.m. Sunday.
The festival funs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday on Upper Girard, between Pearl and Genter Streets. To make life easier for those enjoying the more than 100 artists the wine, beer and food, valet parking and free shuttles await.
Proceeds will support the art, music and science programs of La Jolla, Bird Rock and Torrey Pines Elementary Schools.
• Valet parking is located at the south entrance on Genter Street and Girard Avenue available for$10 per day. Handicapped persons (with appropriate documentation) will receive free valet parking.
• Donovan’s Steak and Chop House will provide its “Don-O-Van” for shuttle service at the intersection of Nautilus Street and Fay Avenue to allow for parking at nearby schools and along Nautilus Street.
• Another shuttle stop will be located at Silverado Street and Fay Avenue to allow for parking at nearby parking garages and streets.
Both shuttles will run from 10:30 a.m until 6:30 p.m. with drop-off and pick-up at the south entrance on the corner of Girard Avenue and Genter Street, accessible via Fay Avenue.
• For a list of open public garages and lots (and the shuttle routes) go to
• Dogs will not be allowed at the festival but they can be dropped off for safekeeping for a small tip fee at DogZenergy at 7430 Girard Ave.