UC San Diego Police Department is continuing its investigation into a March 14 attempted kidnapping that occurred near Building 2 at One Miramar Street UC San Diego Apartment Complex on March 14, 2012 at 8:12 pm.
The attempted kidnapping occurred on the roadway west of Building 2. The victim reported she was grabbed from behind and the suspect attempted to pull her back into the canyon. The victim fought back and the suspect released her. The suspect then fled south on a trail into the canyon, heading toward La Jolla Village Drive near the westbound I-5 onramp.
The suspect is described as an adult male, about 6’ tall with a thin build. His hair is light colored and between baseball cap and shoulder length. He was wearing a dark colored baseball cap and dark “hoodie” sweatshirt with unknown embroidery on the back.
If you have information about this incident, please contact UCSD Police at
or send an email to
General Safety Information:
· Be especially aware of your surroundings when you may be less alert and more vulnerable to an attack, e.g., during periods of stress, when you are upset or sick, or if you have been drinking.
· Use discretion and caution when taking shortcuts through isolated areas of the campus.
· Know the location of campus emergency telephones on routes to and from campus destinations.
· Use the UCSD Safety Escort Program, (858) 534-WALK, available daily from dusk to dawn.
· Report suspicious activity immediately to UCSD Police
or 9-1-1 (emergencies).