Go shopping online, help out Torrey Pines Elementary School
La Jolla residents are invited to shop for holiday gifts at Torrey Pines Elementary School’s online auction. It runs daily until Dec. 13, when bidding closes between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.
The auction features more than 400 items such as a Dell laptop computer, iPad 2 Display Dock, autographed books, gift cards, museums passes, dolls, skateboards and A Wheel of Fortune Goodie Bag with VIP tickets to the show.
To view the auction, go to
www.torreypineselementary.organd click on the “online auction” link hot button.
This is the second year the school’s parent foundation has used the online approach to this segment of its fundraising efforts. Funds will be used to help provide art, music, technology, literacy, library, and P.E. Programs, as well as to keep class sizes down.
“Many of the donations for the auction came from businesses in the La Jolla community,” Erin Brown, TPES foundation president said. “Parents of Torrey Pines Elementary appreciate their support!”
Purchased items will be available for pickup on Dec. 14 at the school.
Here’s a sampling of some of the items:
• A Par Ticket Package good for admission and parking all week to The Farmers Insurance Open Golf Tournament;
• Summer camp opportunities;
• Fencing, art and music lessons;
• Staycations at Rancho Valencia, La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club, Best Western Inn by the Sea at La Jolla and Residence Inn La Jolla;
• Restaurant packages from more than 60 La Jolla eateries;
• Photography packages, and
• Beauty, salon and spa products and services.