Financial Advisors plan long-term care workshop
The Financial Advisors Radio Series is sponsoring upcoming educational workshops on a very important topic for all — the issue of living too long and the potential financial devastation of the costs of long-term health care. Today, people are living longer — with the fastest growing element of our society people 86 and older. We routinely insure against potential adverse events such as fire insurance on our homes, auto insurance, life insurance, etc. Yet, the chance of requiring some type of long-term care may be much greater than any other risk.
Here’s the range of long-term health care costs in Southern California in 2010:
• Home health care aide hourly: Rates $21 - $28 per hour ($5,000 to $6,700 per month);
• Assisted living average monthly rate is over $3,000 per month;
• Nursing home semi-private room averages $227 per day ($6,900 per month or over $80,000 per year). Private room over $100,000 per year.
How would you, your spouse or your parents pay for these costs?
Many people solve the problem by purchasing a long-term health policy which maybe never needed — and the funds are gone forever. You use ‘em or lose ‘em. There is a solution in the form of an insurance company-like CD -— where a lump sum:
• Helps you pay for long-term care if you need it;
• Provides an income tax-free death benefit to your heirs if you don’t;
• Is offered with a 100 percent money-back guarantee, and
• Provides a way to help protect your retirement income from the risk of long-tern care expenses.
Attend any of these free noon to 1:30 p.m. educational workshops:
• San Juan Capistrano — Aug. 23
• Rancho Bernardo — Aug. 24
• San Diego — Aug. 25.
For reservations and details, contact The Financial Advisors at (858) 597-1980 or at Workshops at www.MoneyTalkRadio.com.