• BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT:
“We understand that our guests have a broad range of interests and we schedule events for every possible combination of age, budget and taste,” said Robert Gleason, CEO of Evans Hotels (evanshotels.com). “For those who like to learn and explore San Diego’s culinary landscape, the Artisan Table and the James Beard Foundation Celebrity Chef Weekend at The Lodge at Torrey Pines promise to enlighten even the most sophisticated palate.”
• The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla will partner with the James Beard Foundation’s Celebrity Chef Tour for a comprehensive culinary weekend, May 29-31, 2015. During the event designed to showcase San Diego’s best produce, wine and culinary abilities, guests can experience food prepared by celebrity chefs, taste superb California wines, and enjoy an exclusive tour of Point Loma Farms paired with a lunch, relax to live entertainment and more. Proceeds benefit the James Beard Foundation.
• Spring Break in San Diego takes center stage at both The Bahia Resort Hotel and the Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa with a full schedule of activities to celebrate the onset of spring through April 18.
• “Families can gather on the beach to watch a movie at the Catamaran, and mariners can sail on the bay directly in front of their accommodations at the Bahia,” Gleason said. A complimentary family friendly film is shown at dusk on a 16x9-foot outdoor screen on Tuesdays and Fridays.
• The Bahia will offer children’s movies by the pool 8 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays through April 18.
• The Catamaran will present “Meet the Birds Show,” daily through April 18 (except Sundays and Wednesdays) where visitors can get to know talkative feathery friends Bianchi, Chadwick, Cornell, Mercer and Scooter.
• Guests of the Catamaran and the Bahia can take a complimentary Mission Bay cruise on the Bahia Belle, the Mississippi-style sternwheeler. The floating landmark provides a dance floor and full-service bar. Live music begins at 9 p.m. There is a Family Hour on the Bahia Belle from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
• Catamaran guests can also enjoy live music by the pool on Saturdays, and outdoor yoga at 9 a.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays. Surfboard, Segway, paddleboard and bike rentals are available.
— The Lodge at Torrey Pines, 11480 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, (858) 453-4420, lodgetorreypines.com
— Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa, 3999 Mission Blvd., San Diego, (858) 488-1081, catamaranresort.com
— The Bahia Resort Hotel, 998 West Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, (858) 488-0551, bahiahotel.com
The Business Spotlight features commercial enterprises that support the La Jolla Light.