Great-fitting jeans are a go-to garment for most women, however, it isn’t always easy to find that perfect pair. Fashion expert Rachelle Moley with Lee Jeans put together the following fit solutions for every body type to make the time spent in the dressing room much less stressful this fall.
Pear• This shape should look for a slight curve at the top of the jean because this will prevent a gapping waistband while also allowing for room in the hips.
• A mid-rise jean with a lot of stretch also flatters a pear shape, as well as clean dark washes and a boot-cut.
Apple• Look for a jean with plenty of room in the waist and less fabric in the thighs and legs.
• Stretchy denim will work well, but be sure to pick a quality jean that won’t stretch out throughout the day.
• As for washes and back pockets, apple shapes should avoid hand-sanding or whiskers on thighs and instead go with an overall darker wash, but should dismiss the advice to choose plain back pockets because minimal detail can actually work to their advantage.
Hourglass• This figure type is actually either an apple or pear shape. If the hourglass woman’s thighs are bigger than her hips, she should follow the pear shape recommendations. Conversely, if her shape starts to round out just below the smallest part of her waist, she should follow the apple shape suggestions.
• To highlight the hourglass woman’s natural curves, a slim-fitting jean is a perfect option.
Boyish• Look for a jean that adds a curvy, feminine shape, such as the trendy flare-leg or boot-cut. Even a slim, straight fit can help create a flirty feminine look — just loosely roll the bottoms of a skinny straight jean and add heels.
• Boyish figures can also turn to hand-sanding and whiskers to create some shape on top, as will an interesting back pocket design.