By Ashley Mackin
Up and down La Jolla Boulevard, properties are popping up, giving people a place to lay their heads. The Holiday Inn Express is getting 17 new suites, and La Jolla Beach Town Homes will bring four new residential units to the Boulevard. Here is an update on the projects underway.
– The Holiday Inn Express, 6705 La Jolla Blvd., will take the area that was formerly a gravel lot used for parking and expand the hotel, said front desk agent David Alarid. With the expansion comes 17 new suites, a two-story lobby and additional parking. The suites, Alarid explained, are larger than a standard room, and typically have a kitchenette, Jacuzzi and living room area. Construction will continue through March 2015, with 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday work hours.
– La Jolla Beach Townhomes condo complex, on La Jolla Boulevard at Kolmar Street, when complete at the end of this year or early 2015, will house four condo units that will be sold individually. Each unit varies in square footage, but ranges from 1,600 to 2,300 square feet. Pricing has not been established. Listing Agent Holly Nanula said pre-sale information would be available in the coming weeks, and to contact her to walk the property at (858) 248-2962.
– The 15,000-square-foot mixed-use facility at 7401 La Jolla Blvd., has a basement-level parking garage, three units of commercial space downstairs and a residential unit on top.
One of the three retail units has been rented to Bella Bridesmaids dress shop, with two more in negotiations. The type of business going into the remaining retail/ office spaces could not be released. The upstairs residential unit will be occupied by the landlord and is not available.
– The single-family residence at 7324 La Jolla Blvd., a four-bedroom, three-bath home, is complete. The occupied-by-owner 1,642-square-foot home sits on a 2,500-square- foot lot and took six-and-a-half months to construct. The two-story home has a roof deck on the third level, with outdoor living space at each level. Jeanne Liem Architecture & Design planned the project.
– Although ground has not broken, a posted sign reveals a luxury home development is coming to Bird Rock. 10 West at Bird Rock, a development of ColRich, will be a two-level complex with 10 residences and retail on the ground floor on La Jolla Boulevard at Bird Rock Avenue. Units range from 727 to 1302 square feet, and start at approximately $600,000 and are expected to be available in 2015. Floor plans and interest list at colrich.com
– At the end of La Jolla Boulevard, near Carla Way/Sea Ridge Drive, work is underway on a private home remodel.