Advertisement
Share

Computer catches fire at Bishop’s School

A computer caught fire early Wednesday, causing heavy smoke damage inside a classroom at a private school in La Jolla, authorities said.

The slow-moving fire at The Bishop’s School, 7607 La Jolla Blvd., was reported at 2:13 a.m. and out by 3 a.m., according to San Diego fire-rescue dispatcher.

No one was hurt, she said.

Maurice Luque San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman, noted the cause of fire, a faulty electrical computer connection, is not unusual.

Advertisement

“It happens,” he said. “The computer is not shut down, electricity is still running through it, something happens to the wiring: You get a fire.”

Luque estimated total damages at $30,000. “The damage was $20,000 to the structure, the classroom area, and $10,000 to the contents,” he said.