Chargers release practice schedule
Fans of the San Diego Chargers will once again enjoy the sights and sounds of Training Camp beginning with the first of 11 open practices on Sunday, Aug. 1, at 4 pm.
Chargers Training Camp offers a behind-the-scenes look at one of the NFL’s leading franchises in action. Bleacher seating is available for outstanding views of the entire practice field. Concession stands will offer plenty of food and beverage choices along with the latest Chargers merchandise and apparel. Hats and sunscreen are recommended. Beach chairs, coolers, snacks, soft drinks and water are allowed. Alcoholic beverages, video cameras, pets and weapons of any kind are not permitted.
Parking around Chargers Park is limited. On weekdays, parking is available on the west side of Murphy Canyon Road as well as behind the Holiday Inn south of Chargers Park. For weekend practices, parking is also available in the PS Business Center south of Chargers Park.
The team will hold two open practices at Qualcomm Stadium: Wednesday, Aug. 4, 7-9:20 p.m. and the team’s annual FanFest, presented by Bud Light, on Saturday, Aug. 7. FanFest will be another big day for Chargers fans. Players will be signing autographs for fans 14 and under beginning at 10:15 a.m., followed by a performance by the Charger Girls and a practice from 11-1 p.m. Nearly 10,000 fans annually attend the team’s popular and free training camp event.
The Chargers’ preseason home schedule includes games against the Chicago Bears (Aug. 14) and Dallas Cowboys (Aug. 21). Tickets may be purchased by logging onto www.Chargers.com, by calling 1-800-745-3000 or visiting the Ticket Office located at Gate C at the stadium.
Chargers 2010 season tickets also are on sale. They can be purchased by calling 877-CHARGERS, visiting www.Chargers.com or stopping by the Chargers’ ticket office, open Monday through Friday from 8-5 p.m.
Open training camp practices and other important dates:
- Sun., Aug. 1, 4-6 p.m. (first practice open to general public)
- Mon., Aug. 2, 4-6 p.m.
- Tues., Aug. 3, 4-6 p.m.
- Wed., Aug. 4, 7-9:20 p.m. @ Qualcomm Stadium
- Thur., Aug. 5, 4-6 p.m.
- Fri., Aug. 6, 4-6 p.m.
- Sat., Aug. 7, 10-1 p.m. @ Qualcomm Stadium (FanFest, presented by Bud Light)
- Mon., Aug. 9, 4-6 p.m.
- Tues., Aug. 10, 4-6 p.m.
- Wed., Aug. 11, 4-6 p.m.
- Thur., Aug. 12, 4-6 p.m. (last practice open to general public)
- Sat., Aug. 14, PRESEASON GAME 1: Chargers vs. Chicago Bears at Qualcomm Stadium, 6 p.m. PDT
- Sat., Aug. 21, PRESEASON GAME 2: Chargers vs. Dallas Cowboys at Qualcomm Stadium, 6 p.m. PDT
- Tues., Aug. 24, Training Camp breaks
- Fri., Aug. 27, PRESEASON GAME 3: Chargers at New Orleans Saints, 5 p.m. PDT
- Tues., Aug. 31, NFL rosters reduced to 75 players
- Thur., Sept. 2, PRESEASON GAME 4: Chargers at San Francisco 49ers, 7 p.m. PDT
- Sat., Sept. 4, NFL rosters reduced to 53 players
- Mon., Sept. 13, REGULAR SEASON GAME 1: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, 7:15 p.m. PDT