Best of show winners announced for La Jolla Festival of the Arts
The La Jolla Festival of the Arts, which celebrated its 23rd anniversary show on June 20 and 21, has announced the winners of its annual “Best of Show” awards. With nearly 200 artists spanning a dozen different disciplines, organizers say it was tremendously difficult to narrow it down to a few winners.
This year’s awards went to:
- Michael Adcock, Santa Barbara, Calif. - Ceramics
- Price Duncan-Williams, Henderson, Nev. - Fiber/Textiles
- Suzanne Spalding, Scottsdale, AZ - Glass
- Cindy Mulhollen, Ventura, Calif. - Jewelry
- Hector Herrera, Mexico City - Mixed Media
- Stephen Schubert, Studio City, Calif. - Painting
- Michael Slattery, San Diego, Calif. - Photography
- Damien Jones, Berkeley, Calif. - Sculpture
All proceeds from the La Jolla Festival of the Arts went to support recreational and educational programs for San Diegans with disabilities. The 2009 Festival was sponsored in part by Time Warner Cable, Mind & Body Partnerships, La Jolla Light, eLiveLife.com, San Diego Business Journal, Ability Center, Club Cohiba, San Diego Home/Garden Magazine, San Diego Firefighters, San Diego County Credit Union, California Solar Innovations, Sequoia Solar, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Ford Fiesta, UCSD Shiley Eye Center, La Jolla Village News, Westfield UTC and TLC Laser Eye Center.
For information about the La Jolla Festival of The Arts and about next year’s show, please visit www.lajollaartfestival.org or call (858) 586-1202. For images of the ‘Best of Show’ winners please visit,