130 Muirlands students feted
Muirlands Middle School recognized 130 eighth-grade students on June 10 with the following awards:
- Outstanding Student Awards, selected by teachers in each depart-ment), were given to a total of 32 students by the English, History, Math, Science, P.E., Spanish, French, Latin, Art, Music and Computer Departments.
- The Perfect Citizenship Award was given to 33 students receiving a 4.0 GPA in citizenship for five semesters.
- The Daughters of the American Revolution Outstanding History Student Award, presented by a DAR representative, went to four students.
- The La Jolla Masonic Lodge Most Improved Student Award was given to two students.
- Math Field Day Awards went to nine students.
- Mathcounts Awards were given to five students.
- The Presidential Excellence Award for students earning 3.5 or above for five semesters went to 110 students who received a letter of congratulations from President Obama.
- The Muirlands Academic Distinction Award — the Lamp of Learning
trophy — for students with a 4.0 GPA for five semesters was given to the following 22 students: Jane Andrews, Sonia Blue, Rachel Carroll, Danielle Collins, Allison Dowd, Hanna El-Jof, Clare Farley, Lauren Frager, Jane Han, Adam Hersko-Ronatas, Anna Law, Marisa Liang, Noah Luther, Amanda Menas, Trevor Menders, Sydney Moses, Sydney Moses, Zachary Perelman, Jonna Schreibman, Brian Thai, Zachary Wallace, Gracie Young and Lynn Zhou.