Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Jan. 20-27
Sunday, Jan. 22
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
For the record:
3:41 p.m. Jan. 17, 2023This article was updated to correct the location of the Jan. 23 La Jolla Parks & Beaches meeting.
Monday, Jan. 23
• La Jolla Parks & Beaches meets, 4 p.m., La Jolla/Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Laughmaster Toastmasters meets, 6:30 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
Tuesday, Jan. 24
• American Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., UC San Diego School of Medicine Learning Center, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 110 pounds. Appointments and photo identification are required. (800) 733-2767. redcrossblood.org
• Rotary Club of La Jolla meets, noon, La Valencia Hotel, 1132 Prospect St. Megan Dowell, homeless services director for The Salvation Army, will speak. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Jan. 25
• La Jolla Community Recreation Group meets, 4:45 p.m. online. (858) 552-1658
Thursday, Jan. 26
• La Jolla Coastal Access and Parking board meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. lajollabythesea.com
Friday, Jan. 27
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, noon, La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla Blvd. Sherlie Miller will speak about La Jolla canyons after lunch. Email email@example.com.
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday for publication in the following week’s edition. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.