Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Jan. 12-20
Friday, Jan. 13
• Dan McKinney Family YMCA blood drive, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., parking lot at 8355 Cliffridge Ave., La Jolla. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 114 pounds. Appointments are encouraged; photo identification is required. (800) 469-7322. sandiegobloodbank.org
For the record:
4:17 p.m. Jan. 10, 2023This article was updated to correct the location of the Jan. 19 Enhance La Jolla meeting.
• La Jolla Newcomers Club meets, 10 a.m., Harry’s Coffee Shop, 7545 Girard Ave. Those who have moved to La Jolla in the past three years are invited to attend for coffee, snacks and conversation. Call Kiki at (239) 595-9015.
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, noon, La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla Blvd. Tom Hom, the first non-Caucasian elected to the San Diego City Council, will speak after lunch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, Jan. 15
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
Monday, Jan. 16 — Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Tuesday, Jan. 17
• Rotary Club of La Jolla meets, noon, La Valencia Hotel, 1132 Prospect St. La Jolla Light reporter Elisabeth Frausto will speak. Email email@example.com.
• La Jolla Development Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Jan. 18
• La Jolla Traffic & Transportation Board meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
Thursday, Jan. 19
• Enhance La Jolla meets, 4 p.m., Museum of Contemporary Art, 700 Prospect St. enhancelajolla.org
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, 5:30 p.m., La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla Blvd. Orientation for current and new members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• La Jolla Shores Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday for publication in the following week’s edition. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.