Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Nov. 3-10
Thursday, Nov. 3
• American Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., UC San Diego “Blood Bash,” 9500 Gilman Drive. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 110 pounds. Appointments and photo identification are required. (800) 733-2767. redcrossblood.org
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, 5:30 p.m., La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla Blvd. Yasin Torres-Tiji of UC San Diego’s California Center for Algae Biotechnology will speak after appetizers. Email email@example.com.
• La Jolla Community Planning Association meets, 6 p.m. online. lajollacpa.org
Sunday, Nov. 6 — Daylight saving time ends at 2 a.m.
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
Tuesday, Nov. 8 — Election Day
• Development Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Nov. 9
• American Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Osler Lane by Biomedical Research Facility 2, 9500 Gilman Drive. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 110 pounds. Appointments and photo identification are required. (800) 733-2767. redcrossblood.org
• La Jolla Village Merchants Association meets, 4 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
• La Jolla Shores Association meets, 6 p.m. online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Nov. 10
• La Jolla Town Council meets, 5 p.m. online and at the La Jolla Recreation Center, 615 Prospect St. (858) 454–1444. lajollatowncouncil.org/home
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at email@example.com by noon Friday for publication in the following week’s edition. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.