Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Oct. 13-20
Thursday, Oct. 13
• American Red Cross blood drive, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Shiley Fitness Center, 10820 N. Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 110 pounds. Appointments and photo identification are required. (800) 733-2767. redcrossblood.org
• La Jolla Town Council meets, 5:15 p.m. online and at the La Jolla Recreation Center, 615 Prospect St. (858) 454–1444. lajollatowncouncil.org/home
Friday, Oct. 14
• La Jolla Newcomers “Coffee Around Town,” 10 a.m., Flower Pot Cafe and Bakery, 7530 Fay Ave. Those who have moved to La Jolla in the past three years are invited to attend for coffee and conversation. Call Kiki at (239) 595-9015.
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, noon, La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla Blvd. Club President Craig Gagliardi will speak. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, Oct. 16
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
Monday, Oct. 17
• La Jolla Shores Planned District Advisory Board meets (pending items to review), 11 a.m. online. bit.ly/shorespdo
• La Jolla Shores Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
Tuesday, Oct. 18
• Development Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Oct. 19
• La Jolla Traffic & Transportation Board meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
Thursday, Oct. 20
• Enhance La Jolla meets, 4 p.m., La Jolla/Riford Library, 7555 Draper Ave. enhancelajolla.org
• La Jolla Cluster Association meets, 4:15 p.m., Muirlands Middle School library, 1056 Nautilus St. (858) 459-4211. lajollacluster.com
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday for publication in the following week’s edition.
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.