Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Sept. 29-Oct.6
Friday, Sept. 30
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, noon, Chateau La Jolla, 233 Prospect St. Erica Ollmann Saphire, president and chief executive of the La Jolla Institute for Immunology, will speak after lunch. Email email@example.com.
Sunday, Oct. 2
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
Tuesday, Oct. 4
• La Jolla High School blood drive, 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., little gym at 750 Nautilus St. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 114 pounds. All donors will receive a limited-edition pair of Halloween-themed socks for “Socktober.” Appointments are encouraged; photo identification is required. (800) 469-7322. sandiegobloodbank.org
• Bird Rock Community Council meets, 6 p.m. online. birdrockcc.org
Thursday, Oct. 6
• La Jolla Community Planning Association meets, 6 p.m. online. lajollacpa.org
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday for publication in the following Thursday’s edition. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.