Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Aug. 11 - 18
Thursday, Aug. 11
• American Red Cross blood drive, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Shiley Fitness Center, 10820 N. Torrey Pines Road. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 110 pounds. Appointments and photo identification are required. (800) 733-2767. redcrossblood.org
• La Jolla Square blood drive, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., parking lot at 4225 Executive Square. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 114 pounds. Donors will receive a Marvel Thor T-shirt while supplies last. Appointments are encouraged; photo identification is required. (800) 469-7322. sandiegobloodbank.org
Friday, Aug. 12
• La Jolla Newcomers Club meets, 10 a.m., Better Buzz Coffee, 909 Prospect St. People who moved to La Jolla within the past three years are invited for coffee and conversation. Call Kiki at (239) 595-9015.
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, noon, Chateau La Jolla, 233 Prospect St. A representative of Voices for Children will speak after lunch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, Aug. 14
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
Monday, Aug. 15
• La Jolla Shores Planned District Advisory Board meets (pending items to review), 11 a.m. online. bit.ly/shorespdo
• La Jolla Shores Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
• Development Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Aug. 17
• La Jolla Traffic & Transportation Board meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. Email email@example.com.
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday for publication in the following Thursday’s edition. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.