Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Nov. 12-19
Thursday, Nov. 12
• La Jolla Town Council meets, 5 p.m. online. (858) 454–1444. lajollatowncouncil.org/home
For the record:
4:18 PM, Nov. 10, 2020This article was updated with the correct name of Mangelsen Images of Nature Gallery.
Saturday, Nov. 14
• The Cottage La Jolla blood drive, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., curbside at 7702 Fay Ave. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 114 pounds. Appointment and photo identification are required. Donors receive a $25 gift card to The Cottage, valid after Nov. 14. (800) 469-7322. sandiegobloodbank.org
• Informal Q&A about La Jolla pinnipeds, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mangelsen Images of Nature Gallery, 7916 Girard Ave. Seal Society docents will lead a discussion and sale of the photo book “The Miracle of Life at La Jolla Cove.” (858) 551-9553
Sunday, Nov. 15
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
Monday, Nov. 16
• La Jolla Shores Planned District Advisory Board meets (pending items to review), 11 a.m. online. bit.ly/shorespdo
• La Jolla Shores Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. email@example.com
Tuesday, Nov. 17
• Rotary Club of La Jolla meets, noon online. Balboa Park Cultural Partnership Executive Director Peter Comiskey will speak on how the park’s institutions are managing during the pandemic. Guests are welcome. rotarycluboflajolla.com
• Development Permit Review Committee meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, Nov. 18
• La Jolla Traffic & Transportation Board meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. email@example.com
Thursday, Nov 19
• La Jolla Cluster Association meets, 4:15 p.m. online. (858) 459-4211. lajollacluster.com
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday for publication in the following Thursday’s edition. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.