La Jolla Crime and Public-Safety News: COVID-19 numbers by ZIP code; Police Blotter for April 15-26
COVID-19 numbers by ZIP code
The San Diego County Health & Human Services Agency posts an updated list at 8 a.m. daily of COVID-19 cases by ZIP code, including rates per 100,000 residents. As of April 27, ZIP code 92037 had 35 registered COVID-19 coronavirus cases and 82.2 per 100,000. bit.ly/covidbyzip
- Vehicle break-in, 6700 block Tyrian Street. 8 p.m.
- Petty theft, 0 block Santa Fe Street. 9 a.m.
- Grand theft (over $950), 7400 block High Avenue. noon
- Battery, 6900 block La Jolla Boulevard. 8:40 a.m.
- Drunk in public, 4800 block Ocean Boulevard. 10:35 p.m.
- Battery, 500 block Westbourne Street. 3 a.m.
- Battery, 400 block Sea Ridge Drive. 8 a.m.
- Threaten crime with intent to terrorize, 2400 block Ellentown Road. 11:29 p.m. (A verbal altercation occurred, with the offender returning later to the victim’s house, threatening harm. The offender had left by the time officers arrived, but was arrested on April 25 during a traffic stop on Fay Ave.)
- Petty theft, 1700 block Caminito Ardiente, 6:35 p.m.
- Vandalism ($400 or more), 9500 block Poole Street. 1:59 p.m.
- Vehicle theft, 2000 block Soledad Avenue. 2 p.m.
- Assault with deadly weapon (not a firearm), 7000 block Neptune Place. 2:40 p.m. (An unknown driver intentionally hit a bicyclist twice with his car. The victim sustained minor scrapes and bruises; the suspect fled the scene and is not in custody at press time.)
- Vandalism ($400 or less), 1000 block Coast Boulevard. 4:40 p.m.
- Fraud, 7600 block Exchange Place. 10 a.m.
— Compiled by Elisabeth Frausto from San Diego Police Department reports. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.