Community Calendar: La Jolla meetings and more, Aug. 26-Sept. 2
Thursday, Aug. 26
• La Jolla Coastal Access and Parking Board meets (pending items to review), 4 p.m. online. lajollabythesea.com
Friday, Aug. 27
• The Cottage La Jolla blood drive, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., curbside at 7702 Fay Ave. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 114 pounds. Donors will receive a limited-edition Marvel “Black Widow” T-shirt and Comic-Con retro pins while supplies last. Appointment and photo identification are required. (800) 469-7322. sandiegobloodbank.org
• Kiwanis Club of La Jolla meets, noon at the La Jolla Community Center, 6811 La Jolla Blvd. San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore will speak after lunch. A Zoom option is available at 12:30 p.m. Email email@example.com for the Zoom link and in-person information.
Sunday, Aug. 29
• La Jolla Open Aire Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Avenue at Genter Street. (858) 454-1699. lajollamarket.com
Tuesday, Aug. 31
• Rotary Club of La Jolla meets, noon online. Retired Vice Adm. and UC San Diego professor Robert Thomas will speak. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
Wednesday, Sept. 1
• La Jolla Commons blood drive, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., near the parking garage and ATM in the courtyard at 4147 Executive Drive. Donors must be 17 or older, in good health and at least 114 pounds. Appointment and photo identification are required. (800) 469-7322. sandiegobloodbank.org
Thursday, Sept. 2
• La Jolla Community Planning Association meets, 6 p.m. online. lajollacpa.org
Did we miss listing your community event? Email calendar information to Elisabeth Frausto at email@example.com by noon Friday for publication in the following Thursday’s edition. ◆
Get the La Jolla Light weekly in your inbox
News, features and sports about La Jolla, every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the La Jolla Light.