These are just a handful of the many great happenings this Fall at Warwick’s, 7812 Girard Ave. in La Jolla. Please visit warwicks.com for information on other events scheduled for the coming weeks, or sign up for the weekly eblast by calling (858) 454-0347 or by visiting the website.
• Free Engraving on Mariposa Tableware & Gifts, Oct. 24-30, 2016, (9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday). Committed to sustainability, Mariposa products are all handcrafted in Mexico, from 100 percent recycled aluminum. An engraved Mariposa piece — be it a frame, statement tray, business card holder, platter or bowl — is a truly personal gift, always fun and a touch traditional. It’s not only the perfect gift for the holidays, but a thoughtful wedding, new baby, anniversary or thank you gift for clients. Show that you care, and personalize it! A Mariposa special event with drinks and appetizers will be held 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct 26.
• Holiday Open House: Sunday, Nov. 20, from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This year Warwick’s and our neighbors on Girard Avenue are celebrating in even grander style for this more than two-decades-old tradition. Enjoy live music, carolers, free hourly raffle drawings, tasty food and, new for this year, meet Santa for story time at 12:30 p.m. at the store.
• Booked for Happy Hour: Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 5:30 p.m. Join us for a meet & greet with New York Times bestselling author Jane Green, and enjoy a beverage and delicious hors d’oeuvres as we discuss “Good Taste: Simple, Delicious Recipes” with the author at Elixir Espresso & Wine Bar, 7863 Girard Ave. For reservations or information, contact Mary Lee at email@example.com or stop by the book department.
• Alice Hoffman: Thursday, Nov. 10 at 7:30 p.m.: It is our pleasure to host the indomitable Alice Hoffman discussing and signing her new book “Faithful.” Hoffman is the author of more than 30 works of fiction, including “The Marriage of Opposites,” “Practical Magic,” “The Red Garden,” the Oprah’s Book Club selection “Here on Earth, The Museum of Extraordinary Things,” and “The Dovekeepers.” It’s sure to be a packed house so get your reserved seat soon!
• Ina Garten: Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 8 p.m. Warwick’s presents the country’s most beloved culinary icon, Ina Garten, discussing “Cooking for Jeffrey” at the Balboa Theatre, downtown. Signed copies will be available at this event. Tickets at warwicks.com, starting at $62. Books sold separately, pre-ordering highly recommended.
• Anne Rice: Friday, Dec. 16 at 7 p.m. And once again, we have the honor of hosting Anne Rice, author of the immortal best sellers “Interview with a Vampire” and “Prince Lestat.” She will sign “Prince Lestat” and the “Realms of Atlantis.” Her son Christopher will be joining her, so an added treat!
— The Business Spotlight features commercial enterprises that support the La Jolla Light.