By City News Service
By City News Service
The AAA Five Diamond Award winners in San Diego County are the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and The Grand Del Mar, according to the Automobile Club of Southern California.
The Addison restaurant at The Grand Del Mar was also a recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The Hyatt Aviara has been on the list for 12 straight years, while The Lodge at Torrey Pines has made the list nine years in a row. It was the second year in a row for The Grand Del Mar.
"The AAA Five Diamond Award is North America's most coveted and respected trademark in the global hospitality industry," said Patricia Marenco, the Auto Club's approved accommodations supervisor. "It is a symbol of excellence.
"The rating designation is applied to the most superb hotels and restaurants that meet the highest standards of quality consistently," she said. "This rating signifies meticulous service and the highest-caliber travel and dining experiences."
The AAA evaluates about 58,000 properties annually. Only about a quarter earn the prestigious AAA Five Diamond distinction.
Here is the full list of Southern California hotels that received the 2011 AAA Five Diamond Award, showing the number of consecutive years on the list:
- L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, 10;
- The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows, 3;
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills, 18;
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Carlsbad, 12;
- St. Regis Resort, Monarch Beach, Dana Point, 4;
- The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, 25;
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines, La Jolla, 9;
- Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, 10;
- The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey, 19;
- Island Hotel Newport Beach, 19;
- The Resort at Pelican Hill, Newport Beach, 2;
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, 5;
- The Grand Del Mar, 2;
- Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara, 6;
- Simpson House Inn, Santa Barbara, 14; and
- Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, 3.
The two restaurants receiving the AAA Five Diamond rating are:
- The Belvedere, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, 16; and
- Addison, The Grand Del Mar, 3.