• 10 21/25 peeled, deveined and butterflied shrimp
• Flour or corn starch (if gluten-free needed), seasoned with lemon pepper salt
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 2 ounces butter
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed in garlic press
• 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
• 1 ounce dry white wine
• 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
The trick for the recipe is speed and high heat. Heat an 8” sauté pan until very hot; add in the shrimp (dredged and padded in the flour mix), and sauté on all sides in olive oil. Holding back the shrimp, drain the excess oil, then add the garlic, wine, cream, butter and chopped parsley, in that order. Cover with a lid and let boil for 1 minute, then remove the lid. The sauce should be lightly thickened; coat the shrimp. If it is not lightly thickened, boil a bit more; if the sauce breaks, add 1 tablespoon of cold water to re-emulsify.
Enjoy with pasta, or a crusty French Gourmet baguette.