The Bird Rock Community Council hosted a dedication for the La Jolla Boulevard streetlights venture at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 13 in front of Bird Rock Coffee Roasters. The community also gathered to honor the late George Sutton, who spearheaded the project. Sutton served as a board member on La Jolla’s Traffic & Transportation Committee since 2006 and was secretary and vice president of the community council (2007-2008). He died after a tragic accident in San Diego on June 1, 2011.
- La Jolla football stars sign with William Jewell College
- Alphabet Soup: Your guide to 13 La Jolla organizations impacting community life
- Business Spotlight: La Quinta Arts Festival runs March 5-8 in Coachella Valley
- UCSD celebrates 80th birthday of musical visionary Roger Reynolds
- Phillip Barber's beach home lands back on the market