For the ninth year, philanthropist and newspaper heiress Betty Knight Scripps served as chairman of the 83rd annual Candlelight Ball. Under her leadership the event has raised more than $22 million to support life-saving care at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. Guests gathered at The Grand Del Mar on Dec. 1, 2012 to partake of cocktails, dinner, breathtaking decor and holiday music from The Bob Hardwick Sound.
- Committee rules Copleys' La Jolla estate is not historic
- La Jolla football stars sign with William Jewell College
- For cancer research and treatment, specifically, precision medicine has become practiced medicine
- Business Spotlight: La Quinta Arts Festival runs March 5-8 in Coachella Valley
- Planning groups lend support to townhome project in La Jolla