Early registration is encouraged so the league has a handle on how many teams will be formed in each division, how many managers and coaches are needed, and how many requisite sponsorships are required to support the volunteer-driven 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
LJYB representatives will have a table at the Pizza Bowl sites on Saturday, Nov. 10 at La Jolla Elementary and Cliffridge Park to answer questions and hand out flyers.
LJYB is a recreational league and encourages players of every ability to get involved in youth baseball.
The following divisions are open with the players’ age as of April 30, 2013
• Shetland (ages 5-6): tee ball has one game and one practice weekly
• Pinto (ages 7-8): machine pitch
• Mustang (ages 9-10): introduces live pitching
• Bronco (ages 11-12)
• Pony (ages 13-14)
Assessments are tentatively scheduled on Jan. 26-27, 2013 with teams being formed and practices starting in early February 2013. Opening Day is March 2, 2013.
LJYB wants to welcome new board members and League Presidents:
• Bo Solis, Treasurer
• Anthony Musante, Secretary
• Chris Coleman, At-Large
• Scott Murfey, Shetland President
• Jim Butler, Pinto President
• Geoff Longenecker, Mustang President
• Neil Hyytinen, Bronco President
• Greg Hansen, Pony President
• Jim Benham, President
• Tom Murphy, Vice President
• Jim Duffy, At-Large
• Brian LaGrange, At-Large
Registration for all divisions, except Shetland, must be received by Jan. 14, 2013, after which each late registration will automatically be assessed a $75 late fee and will not be guaranteed placement on a team. Shetland division registration will remain open throughout the year. The cost is $205; the cost for the Shetland division is $185.
For more information, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and register online at