Here is a list of what will be open and closed on Monday, Jan. 16, 2012,
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Police and Fire emergency crews will not be impacted. Station 38 (citywide emergency dispatch center) will be on duty.
- There will be no delay in trash, yard waste, and curbside recyclables collection for customers served by the Environmental Services Department on Monday, Jan. 16.
- The City’s Miramar Landfill will be open normal hours on the holiday, from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The City’s “refuse/recyclables” container sales office on Miramar Place will be closed.
- This holiday information for trash and recyclables collection is for the City of San Diego only. Residents in other cities should check with their waste hauler for holiday service schedules.
- Golf courses and starter booths will be open holiday hours and holiday rates will apply.
- Balboa Park will be open. All public buildings in Balboa Park will be closed. Museums that operate on Mondays will be open.
Specific Closures within the City of San Diego:
- All Administrative Offices will be closed.
- The Testing, Employment Information Center and Background/Fingerprinting offices within the Personnel Department will also be closed.
- Open Space and Maintenance Assessment District Offices will be closed.
- Chollas Lake will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tecolote Nature Center will be closed .
- Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center will be open.
- All City recreation centers will be closed.
- All City pools will be closed .
- The Robb Field Skate Park (Ocean Beach), Rancho Peñasquitos Skate Park, Carmel Valley Skate Park, Bill and Maxine Wilson Skate Park (702 South 30th St.), and the Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park (6610 Potomac St.) will be open.
- All libraries will be closed.
- Parking meters, time restrictions on parking on streets and yellow zones within the City of San Diego will not be enforced on Monday, Jan. Red, white and blue zones are still enforced every day. Parking rules on Port property and in different cities may vary so please read signage provided.
- The Family Justice Center will be closed. Individuals needing help with domestic violence should call 911 and/or the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-888-385-4657.