By Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS
Despite news of economic recovery on the horizon, most people throughout the U.S. are still struggling to bounce back in the wake of the recession. As a result, consumers remain limited when it comes to discretionary spending; and that means putting everything from vacations and new appliances to personal care purchases on hold. However, in the case of
plastic surgery, financing options
can make it possible for potential patients to tackle longstanding physical concerns – even if they are living on a budget.
Plastic surgery can be critical for individuals suffering from sever self-esteem and body image issues, as well as those struggling with physical ailments or recovery from illness, trauma or significant weight loss. As we have discussed in past columns,
bariatric plastic surgery
can make a profound difference in the appearance, health and self-confidence of individuals coping with major weight loss, while
reconstructive breast surgery
can help recovering breast cancer patients regain a sense of symmetry and self. These are just a few of the important plastic surgery procedures that can make a difference in peoples’ lives; and thanks to a variety of financing resources, some patients can undergo top-quality treatment without breaking the bank.
Custom financing resources for plastic surgery patients
At our San Diego/La Jolla and Temecula plastic surgery offices, we offer a variety of financing options for our valued patients, including the following:
- Cash discounts : pay cash up front and save with cash discounts.
- Multiple-procedure discounts : planning on more than one type of plastic surgery? Schedule procedures together for greater efficiency and less recovery time, and enjoy cost savings into the bargain. This option is ideal for procedures like the Mommy Makeover or facelift surgery and facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Prime loan lenders : organizations like Care Credit offer 0% financing for up to 12 months, as well as extended payment plans over 4-5 years.
- Credit union loans : San Diego’s Point Loma Credit Union offers a “Sharper Image Loan” for plastic surgery procedures.
- Home equity loans : use a home equity loan to finance your procedure.
- Credit card payments : pay with major credit cards including American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Layaway programs : pay according to a weekly or monthly budget, and receive treatment upon reaching the complete payment balance.
To learn more about our
San Diego plastic surgery
office and flexible financing options, please visit the Financing page on our website. In addition, you can call our San Diego/La Jolla office (858-450-4199), our Temecula office (951-695-9934), or peruse procedure information online today at