The Friends of Balboa Park recently presented Las Patronas with the 11th annual Friends of Balboa Park Millennium Award for the nearly $1.5 million Las Patronas has granted to the park and its institutions over the years. Las Patronas was one of two recipients this year, and in recognition of the award, the City and County of San Diego declared Oct. 25, 2011 as “Las Patronas Day.” Pictured are Lisa Albanez and Elaine Murphy accepting the award on behalf of the group from Supervisor Ron Roberts. They were also presented with Certificates of Recognition from the California State Senate and the California State Legislature for outstanding community service to Balboa Park.
- Car accident specialist Michael Pines talks about La Jolla and its resident complaints surrounding d
- La Jolla attorney Gary Ravet is found dead in his home Feb. 25
- For cancer research and treatment, specifically, precision medicine has become practiced medicine
- Array of new businesses opening in La Jolla
- Hedge hazard at new upscale shopping center in La Jolla?