The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary of San Diego County hosted its 47th annual Presentation Tea on Nov. 3 to announce its 2012 Women of Dedication honorees. Rachel and Rose Camacho hosted the high tea at their Rancho Santa Fe home in The Crosby Estates.
Among the 15 women to be awarded for their years of fundraising efforts and community service are four La Jollans – Terry Cooper, Becki Etess, Gladys Kohn and Jane Sher.
The other honorees include Joye Blount, Lucy Kable Mean Borsenberger and Rita Solberg of Point Loma; Sharon Culver Considine, Susan Kazmarek-Biddick and Martha Walker of Rancho Santa Fe; Jan Reital of Del Mar; Julie Sarno of Carlsbad; Dede Carlson and Elizabeth Ravenis of Rancho Bernardo; and Rebecca Charles of National City.
The 2012 Women of Dedication were nominated by some 400 previous honorees. A Selection Committee, comprised of all past Women of Dedication, then meets in September to review the nominations and choose the next “class.” The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary president is informed of the committee’s choices and a dozen, long-stemmed yellow roses are sent to each honoree notifying her of her selection.
The Women of Dedication are formally honored at a spring luncheon. This year it will be held March 28 at San Diego Sheraton Hotel & Marina.
• Terry Cooper is an honoree for her work on behalf of children. She has served as president of both Las Patronas and St. Germaine.
• Becki Etess, whose organizational and training skills have impacted her volunteerism for 27 years, is an honoree for her work with the police department’s RSVP volunteer program.
• Gladys Kohn is an honoree for co-founding the Doris A. Howell Foundation for Women’s Health, a byproduct of her work on the health committee of Soroptomist International.
• Jane Scher is an honoree for her dedication to the preservation of Jewish life in communities overseas and in San Diego.
Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary
• Annual dues: $35
• Membership contact: (619) 446-0273