Lobster Ravioli with Seared Scallops, Asparagus and
Pear Tomatoes, Ginger Soy Buerre Blanc
Makes Four Portions
Prep Time: 2 Hours
Cook Time: 3 Hours
2 lbs. of lobster (Maine)
4 large shrimp peeled and de-veined
8 large scallops, membrane removed
3 ounce salmon filet
1 medium egg
¼ cup heavy cream
1 leek halved and cut into thin half moon pieces, washed and dried
1 tbsp. tarragon picked and partially chopped
½ tsp. ginger finely chopped
1 tsp. shallots chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. sesame oil
12 pieces asparagus medium size
12 yellow pear tomatoes
12 red pear tomatoes
3 ounce oyster mushrooms
Ravioli Filling Preparation:
- Poach lobster in rapidly boiling salted water for three minutes. Remove and cool.
- Pre-heat sauté pan and sauté all leeks in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Sweat leeks for one minute then add shallots, ginger and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to sauté until leeks are tender. Remove from heat and add chopped tarragon, set aside and cool.
- Remove all meat from lobster and dice into small pieces. Place in a colander to drain all water from lobster.
- Using a Cuisinart, puree shrimp, two scallops and salmon, add one egg and continue to puree until smooth. Fold in heavy cream.
- Gently mix together lobster, leeks and puree. Adjust seasoning and refrigerate.
Ginger Soy Beurre Blanc
Beurre Blanc Ingredients:
3 Shallots — roughly chopped
2 Cloves Garlic — crushed
¼ cup Tarragon Vinegar
¼ cup White Wine
1 lb. Butter—diced into half-inch cubes
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Teriyaki
1 tsp. Ginger—finely chopped
Beurre Blanc Preparation:
Place all ingredients except butter into sauce pan and reduce over medium heat until the liquid in pan has the consistency of syrup. Slowly whisk in chilled butter until all butter is emulsified with the glaze. Add Teriyaki and Soy Sauce and pass through a fine sieve, add chopped ginger. * * *Keep sauce warm. It is important that the sauce does not get too cold or hot. Either will result in separation.
9 oz. All purpose Flour
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Olive Oil
3 Egg Yolks
Put Flour, Salt and Olive Oil in a blender and process for a few seconds. Add the Eggs and the extra Yolks and process until pasta begins to come together into a loose ball of dough. Knead the pasta dough well on a flat surface until the mixture is smooth even. Cut the dough into four equal sliced pieces and roll them into balls. Wrap each ball in plastic and allow them to rest in the refrigerator for twenty minutes. Freeze any extra pasta.
Roll out one piece of the prepared basic pasta dough gently on a floured surface, then feed it through a pasta machine several times until the pasta is as thick as an envelope. Using a pastry cutter cut out four 4” circles four 3 ¾ “circles. Spoon a good helping of the filling into the center of each of the four smaller circles. * Be careful to leave a clear edge around the filling to insure a good seal. Brush the edges with a little water top with the larger circles. Gently press the edges together. Using scissors, trim away any irregular edges of the ravioli. Gently pinch them all around to insure the seal is sound. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring ½ gallon salted water to boil. Drop in raviolis. Cook for approximately 1 ½ minutes.
- While raviolis are cooking, place sesame oil in sauté pan. When pan starts to smoke add remaining scallops that have been halved lengthwise. Cook for a couple of seconds on each side or until brown.
- Remove scallops from pan and add mushrooms and asparagus. Sauté for one minute then add tomatoes. Cook only until vegetables are heated and lightly colored.
- Remove ravioli from water.
- Place a little of the ginger soy buerre blanc on bottom of the bowl. Place ravioli on top; add more sauce to cover ravioli. Place seared scallops around ravioli to form a tripod. Place three asparagus, red tomatoes, yellow tomatoes and oyster mushrooms over ravioli. Serve immediately.