Jake’s Sea Bass with Cous Cous
1 cup pecans, 4 six-ounce sea bass filets, salt and pepper, ¼-cup olive oil.
For cous cous: ¼-cup butter, 1 cup diced yellow onion, 2 cups Israeli cous cous, 2 cups chicken stock, 1 cup rock shrimp, ½-cup asparagus blanched, ½-cup diced tomato, ¼-cup mixed herbs (chervil, parsley and thyme) ½-cup chicken stock, 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons whole butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grind the pecans in a food processor until fine ground.
- Season the sea bass with salt and pepper and press filets into the ground pecans.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, add the pecan crusted filets to the pan. Sauté each side for approximately 3 minutes.
- Sauté onion in butter, add cous cous and slightly toast with the onion and butter.
- Add chicken stock, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, continue cooking for approximately another 2 minutes. Be sure to add more chicken stock if it becomes too dry.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, continuing to stir until all is incorporated
Place the rock shrimp cous cous in the center of the plate and place the sea bass on top of the cous cous.