The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary presented its 2010 Women of Dedication at an afternoon tea on Nov. 4 at the La Jolla home of Diane Bell. The 15 women chosen by the Auxiliary (five of whom are from La Jolla) are being honored as “selfless volunteers who donate their time or resources to help others in need.”
A Women of Dedication Luncheon, "Fifteen Fantasticks,” will be held in their honor on Feb. 24 at the Sheraton Hotel on Harbor Island. Mother-daughter team Yvonne Larsen and Chris Andrews are co-chairing the 46th annual luncheon, which will begin at 10:30 a.m. with boutiques and a silent auction. Lunch, a mini-live auction and an awards presentation will follow at noon. Registration is $95 at (858) 459-5435. Proceeds will benefit local programs of the Salvation Army.
La Jolla honorees and their causes:
- Teresa Figueredo Doyle: Shepherds the foundation ”Friends of the Poor”
- Carolyn Yorston Wellcome: “Gourmet foodie” who lends her cooking skills to community events, and to those who are ill
- Vicki Eddy: Fundraising volunteer, director
- Reena Horowitz: Philanthropist and co-founder of the Fishman Fund of the Burnham Institute for Medical Research
- Fary Moini: Built a school for girls in Jalalabad, Afghanisten