Kudos to one the busier local artists around: Bird Rock’s Jane Wheeler. She’s the creative genius behind the mosaic benches in her neighborhood, the fifth of which was dedicated on Dec. 18 in front of Julian Bakery. She’s also worked with students at Muirlands Middle School, where two benches were recently added to the Infinity Garden. And if that’s not enough, she’s helped Muirlands Mosaic Bench Club, which recently unveiled two benches in the Infinity Garden. If that’s not enough she’s helped Bird Rock Elementary students with their fifth-grade gifts to the school and spearheaded the Riford Centner’s collaborative art project. Thanks to people like Jane, the Jewel is a brighter place.
- Coast to Cactus: New permanent exhibit at San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT) was three years
- Historic home demolished? Questions arise about extent of changes to Cliff Robertson’s former La Jol
- 12 QUESTIONS: Theater, animals, love and life inspire radio guy Jerry Cesak of La Jolla
- Romney may sell rebuilt La Jolla Home
- Fun In The Deep Blue Sea: Scripps hosts evening with cartoonist/conservationist Jim Toomey