The Social Service League of La Jolla hosted its seventh annual Christmas Cabaret on Dec. 4 at the historic Darlington House on Olivetas Ave. Guests were treated to cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, dinner and dancing, and had an opportunity to bid on a variety of silent auction items presented by Susan Oliver, Burry Vincent and Norma Hidalgo del Rio. Pianist Greg Watson performed in the living room while the Big Band Express orchestra held the dance floor on the patio. The elegant soiree was co-chaired by Lois Stanton and Carole Renstrom to benefit the work of the social service league.
- La Jolla attorney Gary Ravet is found dead in his home Feb. 25
- City hiring pinniped expert to manage sea lion situation at La Jolla Cove
- Contemporary Art Museum's exhibit on art and standup comedy falls flat
- The golden boy of Indian spices, tantalizing turmeric is as gorgeous and flavorful as it is healthfu
- Healing after car accident trauma: taking emotional, physical and psychological factors into account