San Diego Zoo hosts wild ‘n’ wonderful night at annual Rendezvous in the Zoo gala
Past RITZ chair Jane Fetter, 2014 RITZ chairs Lisette and Mick Farrell, former San Diego Zoological Association President Thompson Fetter, Conservation Ambassador Joan Embry with an aardvark, and Duane Pillsbury
• PHOTO GALLERY: Click on the NEXT> button above to see 25 photos from the 2014 San Diego Zoo gala.
Cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, animal education presentations by Conservation Ambassador Joan Embrey and staff, auctions, a glamorous gourmet dinner from Executive Chef Terry Guise of the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, and dancing the night away to Wayne Foster Entertainment made “Wild Things: A Night in the Savanna” another memorable Rendezvous in the Zoo (RITZ) benefit.
Held on zoo grounds in Balboa Park on June 21, 2014, the black-tie soiree was chaired by Lisette and Mick Farrell with this year’s beneficiary the zoo’s new Savanna habitat — a home for a herd of zebras, several baboon troops, ibex and warthogs.
The San Diego Zoo sits on 100 acres and is home to more than 4,000 endangered animals representing 800 species. More than 3 million people visit the zoo each year.
For more information, visit SanDiegoZoo.org
- Las Patronas distributes $400,000 at beneficiaries’ lunch in La Jolla
- St. Germaine Children’s Charity members plan 30th Silver Tea in La Jolla
- Big Brothers Big Sisters gather to toast Person-of-the-Year James Brennan at annual dinner in La Jolla
- Art patrons place their bets on culture at Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego gala in La Jolla
- Heart of San Diego gala supports UCSD Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=127230